Come and discuss what you think of President Obama
On 21st January 2013 President Obama will begin his second term as President
So what has he achieved
- Some say he is a communist and that he wants to establish a Marxist dictatorship
- Some say he is not a true citizen of the USA and that he is a secret Muslim
- Some say he sides with those who attack the USA (siding with Libyan attackers in Benghazi)
- In the recent election he faced such a poor candidate he could have been much more positive in favour of radical ideas
- He has failed to close Guantanamo Bay after promising to do so in last election
- He is continuing failed policies in Iraq and Afghanisrtan
- Obama’s Medical legislation is so watered down that there will be few major changes
- Has done next to nothing on climate change despite promises made in first election
- Under Obama houshold income has dropped by 5%, unemployment has increase and poverty has widened
- Given the poor economic facts largely caused by the Bush administration it is remarkable he got re-elected
- Has introduced a fiscal stimulus despite the difficulties with Republicans and this has prevented the economy from free wheeling into depression
- Has introduced a medical health care reform which now means near universal health care dependent more on need than ability to pay. This was against fierceopposition from Republicans and much of the media. This has been a success comparedto other failed attempts by Democrat Presidents over the past 50 years or so.
- Has introduced more financial regulation of the banks and other financial institutions.
- Has had to battle against highly intransigent Republicans and to do anything has been a significant achievement.